Sometimes I feel kinda intimidated by the fact that so many people love us and pray for us. This time in the U.S. has encouraged that feeling. We get loved well everywhere we go. We also get to see how many people care for us deeply and pray for us. I was with a friend last night who reminded me that we need prayer and that people want to pray for us. Enough said. Thank you for praying in the name of Jesus about a few critical things for our family right now.
1. My voice (Brent) is strained and weak right now. Doctors say there is no major pathology, so I am working with speech pathologists who claim that I have strained my vocal chords (probably from a combo of many things i.e. teaching in Thailand, a new language, possible allergies, and other stuff). This has been a problem for about a year now. The therapists believe it will come back with a change in use and certain exercises. I do ask for prayers that I would have discipline in these exercises and usage, but more than that pray that Jesus would heal my voice to full strength.
2. Pray that Samuel Jakarin Pennington (the child we are adopting) will be safe and blessed. We will pick him up in South Thailand upon our return in June. Pray that he will be cared for well in the boys' home in Nakorn Si Tammarat. Pray that Jesus would comfort him and speak to him. Pray that his health would be strong. Pray for the kind Thai people who work with him. Pray that evil would be kept far from him. Pray for our time when we pick him up. Pray that we would all bond and connect well. Pray that we would know how to walk through this new stage well with all of our children. Pray Psalm 3 for him and all of us.
3. Pray that we would finish this furlough well. Pray for all of us as we say goodbyes. Pray that our hearts would be prepared as we enter the next season in Thailand which will include many new plans for all of us. Pray that we would find some restful/peaceful time during this last month of furlough. Pray for good family time in these last weeks.
Thanks for praying. Please reply if there is anything I can pray for you.
9.5.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey brother,
ReplyDeleteJust added you to my "blogger friends" :)
Looking forward to seeing you tonight!
mike
unashamedpursuit.blogspot.com
Blessings from Oregon. Thanks for setting up this Blog thing. I feel kinda slow not knowing how this all works. Anyway too much to say since I have'nt seen you and your family in who knows how many years. But in short, your family is always close to our hearts often. Its comforting to know you have so much support and prayers from all over. Enjoy your time here before your return, and may God continue to bless you and your family. We will continue to pray for you as always.
ReplyDeleteEvergreen Memories
Brad,Christi,April,Kayla,Joey,Leela